New Followers and This Small World

So, here is the latest installment of me and my Z-List life.  Before I start this whole blog post off, I would like to welcome all the people who will be reading and following this blog from Project Identify at www.projectidentify.com.  There Courtney, I plugged your project and your website, so I expect a check for gratuities to be coming in the mail sometime soon.  50% is fine with me, just so you know! ;-)

All kidding aside, I would really like to welcome all those out there who have stumbled across this on the Project Identify website!  I feel like this project, which has been started by my dearest friend Courtney, is going to be a very positive thing for the LGBT Community and those who love the members of the LGBT community.  I will do my best to entertain you all, like I do with every post, but I won't make any promises!!!  So, without further ado WELCOME!  (I actually think this is the third time I've welcomed you......)

Anyways, on with the nonsense!

So, last night I was once again at my home away from home, Missie B's, but this time not for the usual, sensational, spectacular, entertaining and sexy Girlie Show.  That show has been moved to Friday nights at 8:00 to be directly followed by the AbFab Friday Show, both of which are hosted by Tajma Stetson.  Alright, enough shameless plugging on this blog!  I've done my fair share of community service for the day......  Anyways, I was at Missie's to tune into the first installment of the MANic Monday Show, hosted by Connie Carlisle and Genowa Stanwyck, the Whore of '84!  There was a pretty good turn out for this show, which I was quite impressed by.

I show up around 10:25, later than my normal arrival time, because I had to watch RuPaul's Drag Race.  There I go again with another shameless promotion of something besides my Z-List life and of course this blog, but I digress.  So, I make my way into the showroom, maneuvering between gays, lesbians, cross dressers and everything in between.  I somehow manage to find a chair-less table towards the back of the room and I decide that this looks like a great place for me to set up camp, so I do.

Just about the time that I start to get comfortable and catch my bearings for the room a short-haired brunette walks up and stands beside my, directly in front of the spotlight booth.  Normally I would pay no attention to a rail thin figure like this one approaching me at the gay bar, especially because it had a womanly gate and frame, but this time it was different.  This time this figure had a familiarity to it.  "I know that womanly gate, frame and figure...." I thought to myself.

Who on earth could this person be?

The mysterious figure propped itself up against the wall and slowly sipped its beer....  It clearly was a lesbian since it was drinking a beer; Fat Tire, Blue Moon, PBR, or something of the sort.  It was a definite sign of lesbionic tendencies!  Not that I'm judging, but not even a lipstick lesbian drinks fruity drinks..... They leave those for the femmies!

Anyways, I continued to stare at this being racking my brain to put a name with the silhouette before me.  Then all of a sudden a hint of light went across the figure's face and their identity was revealed to me.  It was none other than Ms. Barbara Matthews!!!  This name may not be familiar to you but to me it's a name that I'll never forget.

Picture it.... Cisco, Texas 2000-2001: I'm a freshman in high school getting shoved into lockers every passing period by upperclassmen.  Barbara is a senior.  She's homecoming queen, a basketball star, and Queen Lobo.... To put it lightly, she's the biggest thing in Cisco, besides the football team's ego (even though they haven't won a game in three seasons).

Back then, I thought this girl hung the moon!  She could do no wrong in my eyes.  I guess you could say I was more than smitten with her, but she of course had no idea who I was.  I was just that kid that got crammed into his locker by one of her minions while they cleared a path for her and her red carpet down the hallway.

Now, fast forward 11 years and here we stand side by side, and she's completely oblivious to the whole situation, my past feelings and who the hell I am, especially now!  I decided I would approach her, even though she wouldn't remember me.

Me: "Barbara...."
Barbara: "Yeah...!?!?"
Me: "Hey, I thought that was you!  How's it going?"
Babs: "I'm doing well..... How about you?"
Me: "I'm doing alright.  I haven't seen you in forever!!"
B: (skeptically) "Ummm....I think you have me confused for someone else."
Me: "No, I definitely know you.  I'm from Cisco!"
Barbie: (awe-stricken) "NO WAY!!!  What the hell are you doing over here?"
Me: "I live here now....  I've been in this area for about 7 years now, including college!"
Queen-B: "This is so unreal....  What a small world this is!  I live in Iowa now. I'm going to school and working for an organic farm."

I won't continue to bore you with the rest of our conversation, but I was completely in disbelief that another person from the small town of Cisco, Texas was actually at the same bar in Kansas City as I was.  Out of all the cities in the world and all the bars in this city, we both decided to go to Missie B's on this fateful Monday night.  It was unreal and I'm still taken back by it!

Well, I think that concludes this post....  I'm sorry it wasn't too significant of a story, but I just had to document this rare occurrence! I'm sure I could live here for the next 20 years and never once cross paths with someone from home ever again.....

In hopes to tie this whole post into the theme of this blog I'll finish with this...... How predictable, bothersome, and slightly funny is it to know that I left absolutely ZERO lasting impressions on Barbara Jane Matthews in high school.  And I'm pretty certain this encounter probably didn't do much to boost my importance in her life either..... That's definitely Z-List!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Korean Matrimony

Korean Living

New Job, New Chapter!